Friday, October 16, 2009

deepavali

Firstly : " HAPPY DEEPAVALI " to all Hindu friends.

Was reading an article in the papers titled " Quirky issues "
and now I know and understand why some of my family members
including myself are such.

I used to think it was queer, or peculiar in behaviour
which can be annoying at times, but not anymore, I accept
them because we are categorise as ' Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
which means ......
( extracted from article in THE STAR 14 Oct 2009 )
~Many people have their own idiosyncrasies , for example,
preoccupation with orderliness, cleanliness, eating right,
choice of clothing and more. ~

I know what it means by :
"obsession of cleanliness " -
my mum-in-law sweeps the floor like umpteen times
in a day, first thing she wakes in the morning,
sweeps when she's back from market,
again after preparing lunch,
before her afternoon nap, after her nap,
after her bath, after dinner, and before she calls
it a day.

" obsession of eating right" -
that will be my daughter, it seems like she is playing
with her food, but NO, she is actually arranging it
on her plate, saving the best piece for the last.
e.g. her favourite sausage, fried egg, or chocolate piece,
and by the time she finishes, her plate looks sparkling
clean as if it is already washed.

" obsession of orderliness" -
my hubby is one person who is orderly tidy in the sense that
everything has a place of its own, and must be in that position,
if shifted, he will adjust it back to original place / position.
How? you may ask, well, example the furniture in our
living room, every table and chair is in line,
meaning in one straight line, measured according to the
marble flooring ( rectangular shape ), symmetry is the word.
Colours is another obsession, only goes for black, blue or grey.

"obsession of drawers / doors "
this is my son's obsession, he cannot bear to see drawers/doors
not close properly, or doors not open widely.

Much said about my family member's obsession, mine is :
I cannot stand to see unwashed clothes soaking in the pail.
I hate to see unwashed cups/plates/pots lying in the kitchen sink.

Well, we are a special lot ya!!!